Is WCOA a government agency?

No, we are an independent 501(c)3 non-profit organization. While we do derive some of our funding from government grants, we depend on the support of the community that we serve.


How many members does the Bellingham Senior Activity Center have?
Presently, the Center has approximately 1,700 members. Our members range in age from 50 to 100! We offer a wide variety of programs, classes, activities and services for members. Some of the things you can do are: tap dancing, Zumba dancing, Yoga, Tai Chi, Strength Training, hiking, walking, participate in intellectual discussions, take trips, sign up for a computer class or check out a laptop and surf the internet on WIFI, play pool, ping pong, pinochle or just come in for lunch and visit with friends. Come on by and join in on the fun!


I want to join the Bellingham Senior Activity Center. How do I become a member?

Membership dues are only $50 per year and you can become a member by coming into the Center and paying by cash, check or credit card. You can also call us at 733-4030 and one of our wonderful volunteers will help you sign up right over the telephone.


Are there volunteer opportunities available at the Bellingham Senior Activity Center?

There are many ways to lend a helping hand at the Center including: front office reception assistant, coffee bar attendant, hostess desk greeter, lunchroom server, pancake breakfast crew, class teacher, committee member (advisory, program and fundraising) and meals on wheels driver.


What kinds of services are provided by Meals on Wheels and More?


Meals on Wheels: Meals are delivered upon request throughout Whatcom and San Juan Counties to homebound persons age 60 and over as well as those recovering from an illness or operation. Meals are offered on a donation only basis. Nobody will be denied Meals on Wheels due to inabililty to donate. All Meals on Wheels participants receive an in home assessment from our Registered Dietitian or from another qualified individual. Liquid nutritional supplements are also available.


Community Meals: We offer delicious nutritionally balanced lunches at 10 locations in Whatcom County and 3 locations in San Juan County. For a list of meal locations schedules, click HERE.

A donation of $5.00 per meal is suggested for persons age 60 and over. Persons under age 60 eligible for a donation based meal include: spouses/ partners and disabled dependents of persons age 60 and over and Meals on Wheels and More Volunteers. All eligible persons are invited to enjoy the meals regardless of their donation. Other persons under 60 are welcome to receive a meal, but will be charged the full meal price of $7.00.


For more information about Meals on Wheels or Community Meals including volunteer opportunities, call 360-733-4030 ext 1030.


How is the Bellingham Senior Activity Center funded?
The Bellingham Senior Activity Center (BSAC) is a program of the WCOA, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Funding for BSAC operations comes from the following sources: Whatcom County Parks and Recreation (24%), member dues (22%), program fees (20%), donations (13%), and fundraising (10%). In addition, the building at 315 Halleck Street in Bellingham is owned and maintained by Whatcom County Parks and Recreation.


Please support our fundraising projects, and also consider making a tax deductible donation to the BSAC.


Can I pay for a trip by credit card? And if so, can I pay by credit card over the phone?

Yes, you can pay by credit card over the phone. We accept credit card, cash, check, or money orders.


What types of credit cards are accepted?

We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. We do not take American Express credit cards at this time.

Where can I park when I go on a trip with the Whatcom County Senior Tour Program?

For overnight trips, parking is explained when you sign up for a trip. For day trips, parking is at the east parking lot of Bellingham Senior Activity Center.


Is lunch included on my Whatcom County Senior Tour Program trip?

It depends on the trip, but lunch is generally included.


What type of identification should I bring for international trips?

Passport, full legal name, and date of birth are needed for international trips. An enhanced license may be substituted for a passport on trips to Canada.


What do you as a traveler need?

You will need to provide an emergency contact name and phone number when going on a trip.

Hours for the Bellingham Senior Activity Center

Monday - Friday: 8:00am to 4:30pm (note the Front Desk closes at 4:00pm) Saturday: 9:00am to 1:00pm

Join Our Email List
For Email Newsletters you can trust