The Bellingham Senior Activity Center was established as a program of the WCOA in 1964. We directly operate a 1,600 member senior center in Bellingham. We coordinate wellness programs for seniors including flu shot clinics, dental care, strength and balance classes for fall prevention, strength training classes, Tai Chi, dancing, and walking and hiking groups. In addition to a variety of other classes, we partner with the Academy for Lifelong Learning to host some of their classes at the Bellingham Senior Activity Center.
Whether you’re interested in art, health & wellness, computer skills, current events, dancing or just playing cards with friends, you’ll find a wealth of fun-filled activities to educate, stimulate and entertain you at the Center.
About our logo: The ‘tree of life’ design brings together a number of ideas: circle of life, reaching out, growing and changing with the stages of life. The circles are representative of fellowship, gathering friends and family together. At the Bellingham Senior Activity Center we believe that every stage of life offers opportunities for growth, discovery and fellowship and we offer a wide array of activities to challenge, delight and inspire.
26 Ways to LOVE your Center!
- Renew your Center membership
- Become a life time member
- Donate a roll of stamps for letters or postcards
- Donate to the Membership Fund
- Tell friends and family about the Center
- Help bring in new members
- Check out the our website
- Remember the Center in your Will
- Help with ideas for new programs
- Donate door prizes for our programs
- Take a tour with us
- Tell others about our classes
- Participate with the Advisory Committee
- Tell those in need about scholarship program
- Sponsor coffee for a month
- Use our Suggestion Box
- Read our Newsletter/Bulletin and join us
- Find a way to use your talents at the Center
- Introduce yourself to someone new
- Sign up for the Enews
- Volunteer to drive some one to the Center
- Let your County Executive know how much the Center means to you
- Send letters of support to the newspapers
- Bring Lotion for the restroom
- Make a donation to our operating fund